Integrating Multimedia Technology in CHP
Welcome to our new Multimedia Lab!
As technology advances and improve, it becomes much more feasible to integrate multimedia directly into classroom activities and the core curriculum. Understanding why, when, and where multimedia is appropriate and beneficial is the first step toward successful implementation. Our students will enhance how they research and present.
Using the broad medium of multimedia in the classroom including Power Point presentations, video demonstrations, integration of text and graphics focuses on engaging students in the use of multimedia to construct and convey knowledge. Multimedia activities encourages students to work in groups, express their knowledge in multiple ways, solve problems, revise their own work, and construct knowledge. There are many advantages of integrating multimedia in the classroom, through participation students can learn:
• Real-world skills related to technology
• The value of team work
• Effective collaboration techniques
• The impact and importance of different media
• The challenges of communicating to different audiences
• How to present information in compelling ways
• Techniques for synthesizing and analyzing complex content
• The importance of research, planning, and organization skills
• The significance of presentation and speaking skills
• How to accept and provide constructive feedback
• How to express their ideas creatively