We at Cedar Hill Prep School believe that our educational climate develops the students towards discipline, synthesis and creativity of their mind. Student Character Development/Social skill development.
- Global Awareness – concerted effort to understand, embrace and celebrate diverse regions, cultures, religions and lifestyles.
- Civic Literacy – Exercise the rights and obligations of citizenship at the school level. The school operates a civic system that makes all students members of structured units. Opportunities are provided on a weekly basis for the students to compete, share, mentor and arbitrate with each other by participating in the system. It further enables the students to extrapolate and understand governmental and legal processes as it applies in the real world.
- Social And Cross-cultural Skills
- Communication Skills – Interact effectively with others. Know when it is appropriate to listen and when to speak. Conduct themselves in a respectable, professional manner.
- Personal Growth
- Study Skills – Set goals with tangible and intangible success criteria Be accountable for results. Utilize their time and manage workload efficiently. Be Self-directed Learners – with the help of student-led conferences
Amber Davis, a second grade student at Cedar Hill Preparatory School, performed at a Carnegie Hall recital on November 17th. Amber received third prize for her solo piano devotee and the Emmett Award for being the youngest bright talent. Congratulations Amber!
Ellen Callahan, CHP Middle School Teacher / Social Studies, began her story many years ago as a seed planted in another time waiting to take root and grow. In the early ‘80s, she began her journey as an educator working with physically and intellectually challenged children. It was hard work, and the children often made very minimal progress. However, the rewards far outweighed the obstacles....