We at Cedar Hill Prep School believe that our educational climate develops the students towards discipline, synthesis and creativity of their mind. Student Character Development/Social skill development.
- Global Awareness – concerted effort to understand, embrace and celebrate diverse regions, cultures, religions and lifestyles.
- Civic Literacy – Exercise the rights and obligations of citizenship at the school level. The school operates a civic system that makes all students members of structured units. Opportunities are provided on a weekly basis for the students to compete, share, mentor and arbitrate with each other by participating in the system. It further enables the students to extrapolate and understand governmental and legal processes as it applies in the real world.
- Social And Cross-cultural Skills
- Communication Skills – Interact effectively with others. Know when it is appropriate to listen and when to speak. Conduct themselves in a respectable, professional manner.
- Personal Growth
- Study Skills – Set goals with tangible and intangible success criteria Be accountable for results. Utilize their time and manage workload efficiently. Be Self-directed Learners – with the help of student-led conferences
CHP Debate Championship Cedar Hill Prep School walked away with the following awards at the NJ Debate Championship: number 1 team: Agni Rajnikanth, Keyon Majidi and Matthew Clarke, number 1 school and most points at the tournament. The final debate topic that clinched the tournament championship was Facial Recognition Technology Does More Harm than Good. We are all very proud of our teams!
5 Ways Kids Can Nurture Healthy Digital Habits This Summer As school wraps up, chances are you’ll be sending students off with fond farewells (and a summer reading list). But it’s also a good time to chat about ways to make screen time fun and educational too. The American Academy of Pediatrics says that kids spend up to seven hours a day on screens, and summer time can make those numbers climb higher. And while we can encourage balance and offscreen hobbies, we can also make time onscreen more meaningful and rewarding. How?