We at Cedar Hill Prep School believe that our educational climate develops the students towards discipline, synthesis and creativity of their mind. Student Character Development/Social skill development.
- Global Awareness – concerted effort to understand, embrace and celebrate diverse regions, cultures, religions and lifestyles.
- Civic Literacy – Exercise the rights and obligations of citizenship at the school level. The school operates a civic system that makes all students members of structured units. Opportunities are provided on a weekly basis for the students to compete, share, mentor and arbitrate with each other by participating in the system. It further enables the students to extrapolate and understand governmental and legal processes as it applies in the real world.
- Social And Cross-cultural Skills
- Communication Skills – Interact effectively with others. Know when it is appropriate to listen and when to speak. Conduct themselves in a respectable, professional manner.
- Personal Growth
- Study Skills – Set goals with tangible and intangible success criteria Be accountable for results. Utilize their time and manage workload efficiently. Be Self-directed Learners – with the help of student-led conferences
Once a month, the students, parents, and teachers take time out to drop everything and read. The children look forward to this monthly program and are excited to read and share a good book with a friend or parent. This program has brought smiles to all of our readers.
Preschool, Elementary, or Middle School — When Does Private School Make The Most Sense? There is no question about whether or not a private school will significantly impact your child’s intellectual, personal, and interpersonal development. However, quite often, parents ask themselves: Does it make more sense to start early, or can I “skip” the first years and start in middle school when it starts counting towards their academic resume?