Who we are
CHP Education and Research Foundation is governed by a group of like minded people from government, academia and industry who believe in the Cedar Hill Prep Mission. The Foundation includes all members of the CHP parent and teacher community. Together we believe in providing a stellar holistic education that is perceived for its high value as a learning environment.
Establish Cedar Hill Prep School as a nationally recognized leader among K-8 Independent schools.
- Establish a strong Early Childhood program based on latest research, that provides a solid foundation for Elementary and Middle School.
- Implement best practices in Instruction and Curriculum.
- Leverage the latest technology to build critical thinking, multiple intelligences and develop the whole child.
- Foster the “School within a School” philosophy to facilitate high functioning students with language based difficulties.
- Build and sustain a financially viable establishment through fiscal prudence, managing enrollment and fostering a culture of philanthropy.
Milestones achieved thus far –
- Cedar Hill Prep School won the 2017 National Blue Ribbon School award for exemplary high performing students.
- The Menon Institute for Learning and Literacy, 501c(3) foundation was established in 2017 to provide additional support to students with high intelligence and with moderate language based learning difficulties.
Amber Davis, a second grade student at Cedar Hill Preparatory School, performed at a Carnegie Hall recital on November 17th. Amber received third prize for her solo piano devotee and the Emmett Award for being the youngest bright talent. Congratulations Amber!
Ellen Callahan, CHP Middle School Teacher / Social Studies, began her story many years ago as a seed planted in another time waiting to take root and grow. In the early ‘80s, she began her journey as an educator working with physically and intellectually challenged children. It was hard work, and the children often made very minimal progress. However, the rewards far outweighed the obstacles....