World Languages Education in the 21st Century
New Jersey citizens are part of a dynamic, interconnected, and technologically driven global society centered on the creation and communication of knowledge and ideas across geographical, cultural, and linguistic borders. Individuals who effectively communicate in more than one language, with an appropriate understanding of cultural contexts, are globally literate and possess the attributes reflected in the mission and vision for world languages education that follow:
The study of another language and culture enables individuals, whether functioning as citizens or workers, to communicate face-to-face and by virtual means in appropriate ways with people from diverse cultures.
An education in world languages fosters a population that:
- Communicates in more than one language with the levels of language proficiency that are required to function in a variety of occupations and careers in the contemporary workplace.
- Exhibits attitudes, values, and skills that indicate a positive disposition and understanding of cultural differences and that enhance cross-cultural communication.
- Values language learning as a global literacy as well as for its long-term worth in fostering personal, work-related, and/or financial success in our increasingly interconnected world.
National Spanish Honor Society
Discover how Cedar Hill Prep School can implement your child’s unique potential with an open house event. Our students are in the top-10 percentile in the United States—and our educators are delighted to showcase our offerings. We are currently taking applications and processing enrollment.
Attend our next Open House on Saturday, October 8th from 10:00am - 2:00pm
2022-2023 School Calendar
New safety precautions were implemented beginning April 2022 to ensure the health of every student and educator. These changes are enacted in tandem with ever-changing guidelines requested by the State of New Jersey, including:
- Classrooms are equipped with hand sanitizers, UV filtration systems, and a UV wand for disinfecting
- On-site Registered Nurse (RN) to examine students as per CDC guidelines
Distance should never get in the way of education.
Cedar Hill Prep School offers several transportation methods to ensure a Cedar Hill Prep School is always in reach. A plethora of communities can take advantage of these routes, including:
- Franklin Park
- Rocky Hill